All the Dirt That's Fit to Print

All the Dirt That's Fit to Print
-or-
Some Ground Rules

So. You found this. If you're looking for Black Flag, please look elsewhere. This blog is strictly dedicated to the work of Greg Ginn outside of Black Flag. Sick of a lack of internet-y places that provide anything but upturned noses toward anything after In My Head, I thought I'd make my own. And here's what you can expect:
  1. Again, no Black Flag reviews. I love Black Flag.  I sincerely believe there is no best in music but, yeah, I generally like those records the best of Ginn's work. But not always. And there's no reason you cannot like them alongside and apart from Ginn's other work. So find your Flag fix any other number of places.
  2. No personal commentary. I don't know Greg Ginn. I don't know if he's always nice, I don't know if he's always mean. I don't know if he owes anyone royalties. I don't know how he treats his kids. I don't care that he has or had a lot of cats. I also don't think 99% of knee-jerk internet commenters really know Greg Ginn, either. I'm sticking to the music and will delete any comments that stray from the music.
  3. I don't do social media. That makes the fact that you found this page all the more amazing. I'll rely strictly on search engine algorithms and hope Google will reward some sap like me trying to find out what anyone else really thinks of the works of El Bad. I got records to listen to and do not give a shit about garnering likes.
  4. I will only speak to works I own. I also do not generally stream or play music on YouTube. I buy albums. I love physical formats and I play physical formats daily. Everything I purchase is for play in my home. No flipping, no framing and hanging on a wall, no handling with gloves. Put it on the stereo, turn the volume knob clockwise and go. 
  5. No logical order will exist. Whatever album I feel like writing on will be the next up. I will eventually get to Poindexter Stewart. 
  6. I'm not a blind loyalist. While there's no best in music, there certainly is material I flat out do not enjoy. Greg Ginn has made such material. I'll be honest. I will eventually get to Poindexter Stewart.

Comments

Post a Comment